THE GOOD CUTS PLANT-BASED MEATS
We understand that although there is a growing demand for plant-based options in food service establishments, cooking meat-free dishes that are at par with meat counterpart may be challenging, even for some chefs.
We introduce The Good Cuts as a solution to this pridicament.
The Good Cuts are plant-based meat alternatives made from texturized soy protein. Soy foods are a source of high-quality protein, have no cholesterol or saturated fat, and contain numerous vitamins and minerals including calcium, iron, zinc, and potassium, Consumption of soy protein provides health benefits that may help prevent or treat certain chronic diseases such as obesity, diabetes, coronary heart disease, and cancer.
The Good Cuts can be used in place of meat in recipes and require no special cooking technique or procedure. They are very cost efficient as they expand to almost twice their size when cooked with liquids and sauces.
We offer The Good Cuts in the following variants:
- May be used in place of meat in dishes like Adobo, Kare kare, Kaldereta, Sinigang, etc.
- May used in place of meat in dishes Bistek Tagalog, Korean Bulgogi, Ramen, Beef Stroganoff, etc.
- May used in place of meat in dishes like Menudo, Sisig, Batchoy, etc.
- May be used in place of meat in dishes like Bolognese Sauce, Shanghai Rolls, Arroz sa la Cubana , Chili con Carne, etc.
- Pork Belly
- May be used for grilled Pork dishes Inihaw na Liempo.
Comparison between The Good Cuts and Animal Meat
|The Good Cuts||Animal Meat|
|Color and Apperance||Brownish, pre-cooked||Reddish, raw|
|Preparation and Cooking||Cooks in kust a few minutes, no need for thawing or boiling to tenderize, expands to almost twice its size once exposed to marinades and sauces||Time-consuming, needs thawing and longer time to tenderize, shinks due to its fat and water content|
|Storage||Needs freezing||Needs freezing|
|Shelf life||Yields to almost twice its origina weight after cooking, cuts expand when exposed to liquids and sauces||Yields to about 60% of original weight, fat and water content are lost during cooking|
|Sustainability||Climate experts believe that a global shift to aplant-based diet can greatly mitigate the effects of climate change||Animal argiculture and meat-based diet are among the biggest contributors to global warming.|
Health benefits of The Good Cuts include:
- High Protein content. It easily meets the daily protein requirements for adults, which is 40-60g per day. A 50g serving of The Goods Cuts provides 10g-12g of protein.
- High Fiber content. ½ cup of The Good Cuts contains 2g-5g of fiber.
- The Good Cuts contain vitamins and minerals, especially calcium and iron.
- ZERO saturated fat and cholesterol. Unlike animal meat that is heavily laden with disease causing saturated fats and cholesterol, The Good Cuts contain polyunsaturated fats from vegetable oil. Also, unlike animal meat that shrinks when cooked because of fats, The Good Cuts expand to almost twice its size.
- No preservatives. The Good Cuts have a shelf life of up to 6 months, as long as they are kept frozen.